Westland John Innes Seed Sowing Compost is perfect for bringing seeds to life.
Specially developed to help all seeds germinate successfully:
- For fast, healthy seed germination
- Feeds for the first 3 weeks
- Added vermiculite to retain moisture
- No Green Waste
John Innes composts were developed over 50 years ago and are based on a traditional recipe of loam, peat and horticultural grit with added nutrients. John Innes Seed Sowing Compost, which is a naturally reduced peat mix, is specifically designed to establish young seedlings and plants. It provides the optimum environment for seed germination and growth into healthy seedlings.
Westland John Innes Seed Sowing Compost is the best choice for sowing seed and seedlings as it provides a balanced nutrient supply for seedlings. It is easy to water and re-wet. The high loam content acts as a buffer for nutrients.
Vermiculite is a naturally occurring mineral material that has been heated to produce lightweight, absorbent flakes perfect for a range of gardening tasks. Added to John Innes Seed Sowing compost it helps retain moisture and buffer nutrients. Vermiculite also helps
insulate seeds against temperature fluctuations and humidity changes.
When to Use
Use all year round January to December
How to Use
- Fill tray with compost, water and allow to drain. Make hole in compost
- Sow the seeds according to the instructions
- Water with a fine rose, and prevent dying out by using a clear cover
- Germinate in a warm spot away from direct sunlight. Keep seedlings moist
- Cut & remove non-flowering 10cm shoot. trim to leave top two pairs of leaves. Dip in rooting gel
- Insert firmly into compost, water an place in poly bag, in warm spot away from direct sunlight
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.